Access to My Account: CAUL
Anthony Shaw [firstname.lastname@example.org]
|Bowker Technical Support
9 AM – 7 PM EST Mon. – Thurs. and 9 AM – 5 PM EST Fri.
Toll free: (800) 323-3288 (menu option 3)
LibraryThing for Libraries (LTFL). (29/8/09)
UlrichsWeb.com & USAS (from January, 2006, selling through CSA, and from August 2007 through ProQuest SerialsSolutions)
Pricing for CAUL included with pricing for GBIP (10/8/07)
for College Libraries (RCL)
Press Release (31/10/06)
RCL presentation - Marcus Elmore, Project Editor, CHOICE [and] John Krafty, Director Product Development, R. R. Bowker, November 9, 2006 (21/3/07)
CAUL Pricing 2007-2008 (23/2/07)
booksinprint.com - Information for CAUL
for 2010 (29/8/09) for GBIP, RCL, BBAS, LTFL and Non-Fiction
Pricing for 2009 (25/8/08) for GBIP, RCL, BBAS and Non-Fiction Connection
Pricing for 2008 (10/8/07) for GBIP, RCL and Non-Fiction Connection
Pricing for 2007 (2/8/06) for GBIP, Ulrichs and USAS
Pricing for 2006 (11/8/05) for GBIP, Ulrichs and USAS
Pricing for 2005 (1/9/04) for GBIP, Ulrichs and USAS
Pricing for 2004 (13/10/03)
Trial available to 14/3/01 (IP-authenticated)
Offer to CAUL (received 26 February, 2001) - expressions of interest due 15/3/01.
Offer to CAUL for both BIP and Ulrichs (31 May 2000)
Offer to CAUL for GlobalBooksInPrint (received 26 February, 2001)
The following offer is provided for consideration by CAUL/CEIRC members.
The annual subscription price per member to GBIP.com is US$2425 based on achieving a sign-on of 40 members.
For this each member will have IP address access institution wide, all campuses, including remote and unlimited concurrent users for current authenticated staff, academics and students.
Hooks to Holdings (updated 15/7/02) - Enables you to search your library’s catalog. For libraries that have Z39.50 compliant catalogs with ISBN, ISSN, LCCN or Title Search capabilities.
Pricing for booksinprint and ulrichsweb (received 31 May 2000)
1. Bowker have approached the CAUL/CONZUL consortia as a "one buy" offer taking into account existing revenue streams earned by their products from the 47 member Universities.Ulrichs
2. The prices quoted are in US dollars. Aust dollars can be quoted nearer to the time of finalization based on an agreed exchange rate if this is a preferred alternative.
3. For either Ulrichsweb.com or BIP.com the offer covers all CAUL/CONZUL members with Institution wide access (all campus sites within ANZ), unlimited user access including remote access (password protected) and either IP address or User name/Password identification.
4. Ulrichs price: US$35,250 The unit cost per member Institution works out to be US$750 per annum.BIP
For comparative purposes this is the equivalent of the cost of a single user/single site Ulrichs CD ROM subscription. Via the web for an individual University for one building (say the Library) with up to 5 simultaneous users and no remote access the price is US$1625 or all campuses in one metro area plus remote access with up to 5 simul users the price is US$2015. Each additional user is US$410 and each additional campus outside the metro area is US$600
Each Institution will obtain:Online access 7 days a week all year round 24 hours per day (less down time for updating).
Unlimited user access including remote across all sites.
Monthly updates compared with quarterly for all other electronic options
Access to over 45000 URL's and 59000 e-mail addresses
Access to reviews
Document delivery services
In the near future - Hooks to Holdings, Z39.50 protocol, Download to email
5. BIP price: US$89,065 The unit cost per member Institution works out to be US$1895 per annum.Both databases
Again for comparison this is the equivalent of the cost of the single user/single site CD ROM subscription for BIP with Reviews. Via the web for a single building with up to 5 simul users the price is $3375 or one metro area wide with remote access with up to 5 simul users US$4175. Each additional user is US$750 and each additional campus outside the metro area is $1350.
Each Institution will obtain:Online access as above
Unlimited user access including remote across all sites
Updated daily compared with monthly for all other electronic options
Access to full text reviews 400,000, Annotations 600,000 and Jacket images 100,000
Words on Cassette
Bowkers Complete video
Children's books in Print
Awards and Bestseller data
USMARC, ASCII and CSV download formats
Printing, e-mail and List capability
Stock and Availability reports
Links to other titles in the same subject category
In the near future - Z39.50 protocol
6. If both data bases are taken up a 10% discount will apply ( i.e. sum of both less 10%)Existing & new GBIP CD subscribers
7. If the BIP.com offer is taken up, then for existing GBIP CD subscribers a 50 % discount will apply as and when they renew their GBIP subscription up until GBIP.com becomes available and CAUL/CONZUL has had the opportunity to evaluate it. Similarly during the same time frame new subscribers to GBIP on Disc (stand alone or network) will also be eligible to a 50% discount.Additional information received 1 June:
8. Pricing for GBIP.com is not available as the undetermined costs associated with developing the product have still to be factored into the pricing matrix.
9. You will need to approach OVID and Silver Platter directly for their pricing. I suggest you ask them to verify that any consortia pricing they propose has been checked with Bowker to insure it is current. [Both approached initially 31 May - awaiting pricing]
1. 31 August 2000 subject to extension by prior agreement and consultation.Subscription Starting Date
2. Our start point is for the full complement of 47 in the first instance. We are not inflexible if this is not achievable but any alternative will depend on the numbers signing on and the revenue risk impact. Preference will be to stay with a fixed price.
3. Preference is to have a common start date. Current subscribers will have the existing unused portion of the sub credited against the CAUL price and will only pay the net. If the case arises where new subscribers sign up mid term they will only pay pro-rata from that date until the next common start date.Additional information received 30 November:
1. The original offer was an all in buy to establish a price/revenue target. When it became apparent some members wished to remain with OVID/SP I was able to include them in the revenue basket as Bowker picks up a royalty payment from OVID/SP for those customers. This enabled me to retain the Ulrichsweb subscription price at the original level.
2. It was never intended that members who wished to retain their OVID/SP subscription would be able to enjoy the Ulrichsweb price - unless of course they took out an Ulrichs web subscription. The price they pay for their Ulrichs access through OVID/SP will be whatever is established between them and OVID/SP
3. If a current OVID/SP subscriber wishes to take up the Ulrichs web offer after Dec 1 when their current sub expires this is OK and they will just pay a pro-rata amount to take them to 30th Nov 2001.
4. With the release of version 2 of Ulrichs web earlier in Nov it would be opportune to invite the OVID/SP users to have another look at the product under a trial. Similarly the same could be extended to other members who did not take up the offer.
This site's URL is http://www.caul.edu.au/
Send comments/suggestions/requests about this site ....